Unassembled plastic model kit
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Available(Ships in 2-4 business days)
This product is in stock
at our suppliers, if ordered it
will take a few days to arrive.List price: $60.00You pay less than: $48.00Add to cart to see actual sales price.Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 20066Scale: 1/20View all products of type "Porsche 928"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Porsche, which had established a great reputation for making sports cars with their 911 models, released a new flagship model called the 928 in March 1977. It featured a front-mounted liquid-cooled V8 engine and rear-mounted transmission to enable a 50:50 front/rear weight distribution as well as a "Weissach Axle" rear suspension system. In 1979, a version with enhanced performance called the 928S was announced. The engine displacement was increased from 4,474cc to 4,664cc which resulted in sixty more horsepower for a total of 300hp and a top speed of over 250km/h. Externally, the 928S featured a new wheel design, front and rear spoilers, and a distinctive crease line along the body sides to differentiate it from the standard 928. The 1/24 scale Tamiya model faithfully replicates this iconic Porsche of the 1980's.
Specs and Features
- 1/20 scale plastic assembly kit.
- Motorization mechanism featured on the original 1981 model has been omitted from the re-release.
- The sleek, aerodynamic design of the 928S is accurately reproduced.
- Insulated wires are included to depict plug cables.
- Headlights can be depicted in either retracted or raised position.
- Hood may be detached even after assembly to showcase the V8 engine, radiator, etc.
- Synthetic rubber tires with realistic tread patterns.
- Steerable front wheels.