Vought F4U-1D Corsair
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (5)
Customize your model: (12)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $188.00You pay less than: $150.40Add to cart to see actual sales price.Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 60327Scale: 1/32View all products of type "F4U Corsair"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
This is the D variant of the popular Corsair World War II fighter plane. It uses new parts to recreate features specific to the F4U-1D, which was the first Corsair to be cleared for use on aircraft carriers. This fighter-bomber could carry drop tanks on new hard points under the wing root, and up to 8 rockets under the outer wing. It provided invaluable close support for ground troops during landings in places such as the Philippines and Okinawa, and continued to serve after WWII, in Korea.
F4U-1D Specific Detail differences from previous variants:
- The semi-bubble canopy was altered during production to remove upper side frames and improve visibility.
- Propeller blades were thicker from the root.
- Hardpoints under the wing root allowed carrying of bombs and drop tanks.
- The tail wheel cover had a new fairing to improve aerodynamics.
- Outer wing sections had extended metal areas with mounts for eight rockets total.
- Cockpit floor window was scrapped.