The German Army of World War I (1) 1914-15
48 page book.
Other products to consider: (5)
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $17.95You pay: $12.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Osprey BooksStock Number: OSP MAA394View all products of type "Armies"
In August 1914 the mobilization of Imperial Germany's 800,000-strong army ushered in the first great war of the modern age - a war which still stands as the greatest slaughter of soldiers in history. That German Army is also the best example of a particular period of military thought, when virtually the whole manpower of the European nations was integrated into mass conscript armies, supported by several age categories of reservists and by dedicated industrial and transport systems. In this first of three volumes the author offers an extraordinary mass of information, in text and tables, illustrated by photographs and colour plates.
- Overview - the German forces August 1914 - September 1915
- The High Command
- The four national contingents
- Organisation - the Field Army, the Replacement Army
- Operations, August 1914 - September 1915: Western Front, Eastern Front
- Uniforms - orders of dress, officers & other ranks: 1914 ceremonial, 1907-10 field, training & fatigue - special clothing
- Rank insignia
- Branch & unit insignia Tables
- Orders of Dress - Rank Insignia - Branch & Regimental Insignia 1914-15
- Orders of Battle