US Aircraft Carrier USS Lexington CV-2 (Snap-tite)
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (4)
Customize your model: (33)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $50.00You pay: $34.69(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Meng ModelsStock Number: MGK PS002Scale: 1/700View all products of type "Lexington Class"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The second kit of the PS series is the 1/700 U.S. Navy Aircraft Carrier U.S.S. Lexington (CV-2). The large fleet aircraft carrier Lexington was converted from a battleship under construction after the signing of the Washington Naval Treaty in 1920s. Lexington was commissioned in 1927. Lexington was used to develop and refine carrier-based aircraft combat tactics in a series of fleet exercises before World War II. She's a pioneer of the U.S. Navy air combat. At the most dangerous time during the Pacific War, Lexington successfully stopped the raging IJN Combined Fleet.
MENG's Lexington aircraft carrier kit is designed based on the original drawings and a lot of authoritative reference materials. This delicately designed kit accurately replicates the Lexington aircraft carrier during the war in March 1942.
- The PS-002 U.S. Navy Aircraft Carrier U.S.S. Lexington (CV-2) kit features fast snap-fit design which doesn't need glue. All the parts are pre-colored. Waterline and full hull options are available.
- Lexington's wooden flight deck, arresting cables and barricade are finely replicated.
- The 4 unique 8-inch gun turrets can rotate freely.
- The detailed subassemblies, including the superstructure in the tripod mast, are easy to assemble.
- The pre-colored hull structure is very stable.
- All the locating stubs have been specially designed for the fast and smooth assembly of this kit.