Royal Navy Battleship HMS Rodney (Snap-tite)
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (4)
Customize your model: (31)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Available(Ships in 2-4 business days)
This product is in stock
at our suppliers, if ordered it
will take a few days to arrive.List price: $62.99You pay: $40.39(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Meng ModelsStock Number: MGK PS001Scale: 1/700View all products of type "Nelson Class"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Washington Naval Treaty, signed by the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan, France and Italy in 1922, declared the start of the Navy Holiday and also led to the birth of the Royal Navy Battleship H.M.S. Rodney.
H.M.S. Rodney was the second ship of the Nelson class battleships of the Royal Navy. Among British battleships in modern history, the Nelson class was the first to use a flush deck hull. Three triple 16-inch gun turrets were grouped together like a pyramid forward of the superstructure. Designed under the guidance of the "all or nothing" principle, the Nelson class battleships had the best armor protection among the battleships in the world. Rodney and another 6 battleships which had large caliber guns were called "Big Seven" during the Navy Holiday.
Designed based on the exclusive reference materials from the National Maritime Museum in the UK, MENG now offers the first product of the PS series, the PS-001 1/700 Royal Navy Battleship H.M.S. Rodney (29).
- The first MENG 1/700 ship kit: PS-001 Royal Navy Battleship H.M.S. Rodney (29) . This kit features fast snap-fit design which doesn't need glue. All the parts are pre-colored. Waterline and full hull options are available.
- Rodney's unique superstructure has been cleverly designed for easier assembly. It also has kept the exquisite details.
- Thanks to a special design, the accurate hull has a pre-colored hull bottom, waterline and upper deck.
- Rodney's main armament was 9 powerful BL16 inch Mk I naval guns. In this kit, these gun barrels are elevatable and the turrets are rotatable.
- Even the small BL6inch Mk XXII auxiliary gun has fine details.
- All the locating stubs have been specially designed for the fast and smooth assembly of this kit.