USS Missouri BB-63 Battleship - Circa 1991
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (7)
Customize your model: (11)
Don't forget building supplies!
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $163.00You pay less than: $130.40Add to cart to see actual sales price.Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 78029Scale: 1/350View all products of type "Iowa Class"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The USS Missouri (BB-63) was the third ship of the Iowa-class and was commissioned in 1944. During the Pacific War, she supported attacks on Kyushu and Okinawa and then participated in actions such as the bombardment of Muroran in Hokkaido. It is a well-known fact that the signing ceremony of Japan's surrender documents took place on the Missouri's decks on September 3, 1945. Following the end of the Korean War, the Missouri was mothballed at the reserve fleet anchorage but was refitted with, various, modern equipment to rejoin the U.S. Navy in 1986. Following Iraq's invasion of Kuwait, the Missouri and her sister ship Wisconsin were deployed to the Middle East and she helped conduct the first firing of Tomahawk cruise missiles in combat during the opening stages of the Gulf War. The Tamiya model kit faithfully depicts the Missouri as she appeared in 1991. New parts have been tooled to update the kit.
Specs and Features
- 1/350 scale plastic assembly model kit.
- Length: 774mm, Beam: 94.5mm, Height: 182mm.
- 1985 model has been updated with new parts to enable depiction of the Missouri as she appeared in 1991.
- Newly tooled parts include the bridge area, Tomahawk launcher deck, aft bridge deck, funnel, aft funnel mast, dome-shaped radar, No.1 turret ventilator, Mk.37 gun director, deck ventilator, and RQ-2 Pioneer, etc.
- Highly detailed 12.7cm guns, Mk.38 Gun Fire Control System, and Mk.13 Fire Control Radar.
- AA radar, surface search radar, and discone-cage antenna are reproduced with both plastic and photo-etched parts.
- Photo-etched parts and stainless steel wire are included for enhanced detail.
- Stand enables full hull display.
- Reference manual with images included (16 pages)