USS Iowa BB-61
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (10)
Customize your model: (34)
Don't forget building supplies!
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $48.00You pay: $32.49(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 31616Scale: 1/700View all products of type "Iowa Class"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
With our 1/700 scale Missouri and New Jersey making waves in the modeling world, we've added fuel to the fire with our first ever model of the USS Iowa! This high quality model depicts the Iowa, namesake and first of the Iowa class battleships, as she appeared in WWII.
About the USS Iowa
Commissioned in February 1943, the USS Iowa served briefly in the Atlantic before departing for the Pacific Theater in January 1944. She served mainly to support carrier based air strikes against Japanese-held islands, protecting said carriers and shelling enemy shore and naval positions. She took part in the Marianas campaign and the Battle of Leyte Gulf, although she missed a chance for a showdown with the Japanese battleship Yamato. After assisting the assault on the Philippines, Iowa took part in the Okinawa invasion as well as supporting air strikes on Kyushu. Together with sister ships USS Missouri and USS Wisconsin, Iowa bombarded industrial cities on the Japanese homeland towards the end of the war.
About the Model
- Highly detailed 1/700 scale assembly model of the USS Iowa.
- Model depicts Iowa as she appeared during the Marianas Campaign in 1944.
- Model accurately captures differences with the USS Missouri such as open bridge, bow,
observation deck, radar antenna and 20mm guns on top of Number 2 turret.
- Left/right hull halves design offers easy assembly and ultra-realistic finish.
- Main turrets can rotate after completion thanks to polycaps.
- Equipment and armament such as 40mm and 20mm guns reproduced in faithful detail.
- Full color finishing guide shows how to paint Measure 32/1B camouflage as used in the
- Kit includes detailed models of Vought OS2U Kingfisher floatplanes.
1/700 Scale Waterline Series
An interesting modeling concept is at work in these Waterline Series ships. Each kit depicts warships of various nations as they appeared during WWII. What is of special significance, is that as their name Waterline implies, the models are of the portion above the waterline. Therefore they can be placed on a flat surface and appear as they would on the ocean, with the draught portion omitted. What''s more, 1/700 scale permits collecting great numbers of them and using relatively little space. With over 100 ships in this series, it is perhaps the largest collection of its kind in the world.