Taiping Chinese Steamer "The Crossing"
Unassembled plastic model kit
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $214.99You pay: $139.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Meng ModelsStock Number: MGK OS001Scale: 1/150View all products of type "Taiping"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The steamer Taiping is a type of Great Lakes passenger-freight ship made in the American Manitowoc shipyard. It was launched in 1920 with the load of 2050 tons. During WWII, it was used as the short supply ship for U.S forces. On July 14th 1948, it was changed into a passenger ship by Shanghai Zhonglian Company with the carrying capacity of 508 passengers, travelling between Shanghai and Keelung.
In fact, there's no video of the steamer Taiping remained. In the John Woo film The Crossing which hits the big screen in 2014, film stars from China, Korea and Japan play three couples of different backgrounds experiencing partings and reunions over half a century in the film. The steamer Taiping that connected these three couples is replicated in full scale.
This 1/150 scale The Crossing plastic model kit is 535mm in length, 88mm in width and 208mm in height (from the bottom of the ship to the top of its mast). The magnificence of the ship can be easily realized by pre-colored parts; the model is designed to be cement-free for easy assembly; a lighting system is provided to simulate the scene of the brilliantly illuminated steamer Taiping; the package is uniquely designed as a "book"; stereograms are used to make the instruction manual special and exquisite.
- The Steamer Taiping In The Film The Crossing Is Precisely Modeled.
- Pre-Colored Parts At The Bow Are Perfectly Reproduced.
- There Are Clear Textures On The Railings.
- Superstructure In The Middle Of The Ship Is Finely Represented. There Are Rich Details Like Funnel And Lifeboats.
- A Lighting System Is Provided To Simulate The Scene Of The Brilliantly Illuminated Steamer Taiping.
- This Kit Consists Of White, Wood-Colored, Black And Clear Plastic Sprues, Metal Parts And A Screwdriver.