Unassembled plastic model kit
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Available(Ships in 2-4 business days)
This product is in stock
at our suppliers, if ordered it
will take a few days to arrive.List price: $56.00You pay less than: $44.80Add to cart to see actual sales price.Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 14101Scale: 1/12View all products of type "Desmosedici"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Italian Quality and Style
Desmosedici is a compound word made from the Italian for sixteen, "sedici" and the name of Ducati's trademark desmodromic valve design. The DOHC 16 V4 engine is composed of two 90 degree L twin components held together in a tubular steel truss-frame, with swing arm and rear shock pivots directly attached to engine in a truly original fashion. The sleek and powerful bike was piloted in its debut 2003 MotoGP season by L. Capirossi, former 125 and 250cc class title holder, and World Superbike Champion T. Bayliss. The GP4 really showed its stuff during its 2003 debut season, taking 3rd place at Suzuka and winning 1st at Catalunya. Maintaining the same basic structure in 2004, Ducati brushed up everything from the engine to the body to make an even higher performance superbike. While the Desmosedici GP4 had a difficult first half of the season, it began to show results towards the end, with L. Capirossi winning 3rd place in round 15. T. Bayliss also took 3rd in the final round, ending Ducati's season on a high-note, and promising further excitement still to come!
Build either Capirossi or Bayliss's bike
High quality Cartograf decals for Capirossi's No.65 bike and Bayliss's No.12 bike are included. Separate parts allow accurate depiction of each rider's custom seat, further enhancing realism.
About the Model
- Detailed 1/12 assembly model kit of the 2004 Ducati Desmosedici
- Model accurately depicts trademark Ducati style, such as truss-frame and V4 engine with rear suspension swing arm directly attached to crank case.
- Accelerator, clutch and brake wiring masterfully depicted with plastic tubing.
- Synthetic rubber tires look and feel like authentic racing slick tires
- Side and seat cowling can be removed after assembly allowing full display of engine
- Due to sponsor's request, white marking decals are not included with this kit.