Honda RS1000 Endurance
Unassembled plastic model kit
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Available(Ships in 2-4 business days)
This product is in stock at our suppliers,
if ordered it will take a few days to arrive.List price: $39.00You pay: $26.49(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 14014Scale: 1/12View all products of type "RS1000"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Hoping to defend their 1980 makers title, the Honda team competed in the 1981 Endurance World Championships with the RS1000. Fitted with an air-cooled 4-cylinder DOHC 999cc engine capable of 150hp, the RS1000 featured all the latest Honda technology that had been fine-tuned during their domination of endurance racing in the late 70's. A unique aspect of the 1981 bike was specially designed cowling that had been slightly enlarged to reduce rider fatigue during the grueling races. Although unsuccessful in defending their 1980 title, the Honda team was able to take out both the prestigious Suzuka 8-Hour Endurance Race and the Bol d'Or 24 hour race.
- All high-quality detailing of the original kit.
- The form of the bike is expertly captured, and includes a steerable front fork.
- Rear suspension features a metal coil spring for realistic movement.
- The DOHC 4-cylinder engine is beautifully rendered, complete with individual lines and piping.
- Clear parts are used to accurately recreate the driver windshield.
- Includes a choice of parts to depict full cowling (European races) or half-cowling (Suzuka).
- High-quality Cartograf decals depict both European and Suzuka race schemes.