1950 Krupp Titan SWL 80
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model: (12)
Don't forget building supplies!
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $113.95You pay: $91.95(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Revell of GermanyStock Number: RMG 7559Scale: 1/24View all products of type "Cargo"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
On 20th November 1811 a businessman called Friedrich Krupp founded a new firm under the name "Friedrich Krupp". The enterprise achieved a break-through with the development of seamlessly rolled tyres for railway wheels. In 1887 Krupp, together with Rudolf Diesel, developed the first diesel engine suitable for series production. In 1919 the subsidiary KRAWA (Fried. Krupp motor and lorry works) built their first lorry, a 5 tonner with 45 hp engine and four-speed gearbox. In October 1950 the Krupp Titan was exhibited to the public at the Paris Motor Show. It was one of the most imposing heavy-duty lorries of the 1950s. Everything was new, in particular the Type SW 6 engine, a 210 hp 6-cylinder, 2-stroke diesel. This capacity made the Titan the most powerful long-haul lorry produced in Germany at the beginning of the 50s. Even the chassis was redesigned. So the SWL 80 as it was called in the 8 ton flatbed version received a roomy cab with space for four people. Externally the designer had been strongly influenced by the styling of American cars, with particular reference to the large rounded bonnet.
Revell supplies this lorry classic, not only as a perfect model kit, but also with the possibility of equipping the model with optional decals for the Rheinisch-Westfalische haulage company or the Baumann freight forwarders of Bonn, who still operate successfully in the field of heavy-duty transport.
- True-to-original, chassis with accurate detail
- Perfect reproduction of the SW 6 six-cylinder Diesel engine with Roots blower
- Movable front wheels
- Authentic reproduction of interior fittings of driver's cab
- Movable lids on both side of bonnet
- Two different roof versions for driver's cab
- Detailed brake linkage within vehicle frame
- Removable spare wheel holder
- Authentic reproduction of sub-frame and platform
- Platform with removable stakes, planks and stanchions
- Removable folding tilts with details
- 7 tyres to 1950s design
- Finest, very detailed chrome parts
- Decals with the name of the Rheinisch-Westfalische haulage company and Baumann freight forwarders of Bonn