Cactus Air Force Deluxe Set - F4F and P-400/P-39D
Unassembled plastic model kit with resin parts.
Other products to consider: (15)
Customize your model: (11)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Double kit with accessories. The set includes F4F-4 Wildcat and P-400/P-39D Airacobra kits with 3D-printed resin accessories.
- One set of F4F-4 Wildcat plastic sprues
- one set P-400/P-39D Airacobra plastic sprues
- decal with eight marking options (4 Wildcats and 4 Airacobras)
- painting masks for both models
- 3D printed accessories for F4F-4 Wildcat
- 3D printed accessories for P-39D/P-400 Airacobra.
F4F-4 Wildcat Accessories
- Seat with seatbelts
- undercarriage retracting system chains
- exhaust tubes
- external 0,5-inch gun barrels
- bomb racks
- two 100 lbs bombs
- magneto spark ignition wiring ring
- throttle and undercarriage retracting levers
P-39D/P-400 Airacobra Accessories
- Seat with seatbelts
- two variants of the exhausts
- 37 mm cannon barrell
- 20 mm cannon barrell
- fuselage machine gun butts with the cocking levers next to the instrument panel
- two small levers to the cockpit
- wing machine guns barrels
Camouflage and Markings
- P-400 Airacobra "white 13" "Hells Bell", BW151, 67FS/347FG, pilot Lt. Robert M. Ferguson, Guadalcanal, August-November 1942.
- P-39D-2 Airacobra "white 12" "Beth", Cpt. Paul Bechtel, 12FS commander, Guadalcanal, December 1942.
- P-400 Airacobra "white 12", BW156, pilot Lt. Richard Johnson 67FS/347FG "Fancy Nancy", Guadalcanal August-September 1942.
- P-39D-1 Airacobra "yellow 56" 41-38400, 68FS/347FG, Guadalcanal, December 1942. Piloting this aeroplane Lt. Vernon Head of 67FS performed a bombing attack over New Georgia.
- F4F-4 Wildcat "black 29", pilot Lt. Samuel Folsom, VMF-121, Guadalcanal. Piloting this aeroplane Sam Folsom shot down two G4M1 Betty bombers on 12th November 1942.
- F4F-4 Wildcat "white 2", pilot Mjr. Marion E. Carl, VMF-223, Guadalcanal, February 1943.
- F4F-4 Wildcat "black F-12" BuNo. 5192, pilot Lt. James "Pug" Southerland II, VF-5/USS Saratoga. On 7th August 1942, this aeroplane downed the first Japanese bomber over Guadalcanal before Saburo Sakai himself shot it down in epic lonely combat against a flight of "Zeros".
- F4F-4 Wildcat "white 19" BuNo. 03417, pilot Lt. Stanley W. "Swede" Vejtasa, VF-10/USS Enterprise. During the Santa Cruz Battle on 26th October 1942 Vejtasa shot down two dive bombers and five torpedo aeroplanes in one sortie.