Fieseler Fi-156C Storch
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $80.00You pay less than: $64.00Add to cart to see actual sales price.Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 61100Scale: 1/48View all products of type "Fi156 Storch"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Tamiya's signature 1/48 scale Aircraft Series has now reached its 100th model! To mark this special milestone, we are announcing an all-new Fi 156 Storch assembly kit, which gives modelers further opportunity to create mixed-genre dioramas involving both aircraft and vehicles.
About the Fi 156 Storch
Produced to meet a Luftwaffe requirement for a new liaison aircraft, the Fi 156 Storch was a light aircraft that had amazing STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing) capabilities. The design incorporated such practical features as folding wings, which allowed it to be easily transported, and landing gear shock absorbers that allowed it to land on rough surfaces. It was used in a variety of roles, including liaison, tactical reconnaissance, and air ambulance, and it was the aircraft that was involved in the daring rescue of Italian dictator Benito Mussolini. Field Marshal Erwin Rommel was also known to make heavy use of his Fi 156 for battlefield reconnaissance in North Africa.
About the Model
- Highly-detailed 1/48 scale assembly kit model of the Fieseler Fi 156 Storch.
- Kit includes parts to replicate various versions of the Fi 156C, including fuel tank, skis, and 3 different types of canopies.
- Clear canopy sides have been molded together with the fuselage halves for more realistic construction.
- Important structural sections such as the wing spar and the landing gear struts are made from metal parts for enhanced realism and strength.
- Includes 1 pilot and 1 commander figure.
- Precision photo-etched parts such as cockpit panels, cockpit frame, and front seat also included.