Fairey Swordfish Mk.II
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider
Customize your model: (11)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $92.00You pay less than: $73.60Add to cart to see actual sales price.Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 61099Scale: 1/48View all products of type "Swordfish"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
About the Swordfish Mk.II
Affectionately known as the "Stringbag" by those who flew them, the Fairey Swordfish torpedo bomber was already outdated when WWII broke out, but nonetheless provided valuable service and achieved such notable missions as the attack on the Italian Navy at Taranto and damaging the German battleship Bismarck. As newer, faster aircraft were developed to replace it, the Swordfish was modified to become an anti-submarine aircraft. The Mk.II featured metal lower wings that allowed it to be armed with ten rockets or depth charges, which, along with its sturdy design and long endurance, made it an exceptional anti-submarine aircraft for use on merchant aircraft carriers in the Atlantic convoys.
About the Model
- Detailed assembly kit model of the Fairey Swordfish Mk.II.
- Features specific to the Mk.II, such as the metal lower wing and large oil cooler are all accurately reproduced.
- Formidable rocket armament, exhaust damper, and included invasion stripe markings further distinguish this kit from the earlier Mk.I.
- Use with ITEM# 61069 Fairey Swordfish Photo-Etched Bracing Wire Set for even more realistic rigging detail.
- 3 figures and 3 types of markings included.