Unassembled plastic model kit
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $89.00You pay: $59.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 37006Scale: 1/48View all products of type "Arado Ar-196"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
In 1938, the German firm Arado built the Ar. 196A twin-float reconnaissance seaplane. After being selected as the winner of a design contest, the Ar.196 became the standard aircraft of the German Navy during WWII. This seaplane was powered by a BMW132K air-cooled engine which produced 960hp. The 196A is equipped with two 7.92mm guns, two 20mm cannons, and two 50kg bombs. The Arado Ar. 196A was carried aboard the Bismarck battleship, the Prinz Eugen heavy cruiser and many other camouflaged cruisers. These planes served as commerce raiders and were deployed to many coastal squadrons for use in reconnaissance and observation. It exhibited excellent attacking performance against the Allie ships and submarines. Only 600 planes were produced in the A-0 prototype to the A-5 final version.
Specs & Features
- 1/48 scale assembly kit model.
- Features of the Ar.196 including the cloth texture on the fuselage, one-piece horizontal stabilizer, durable twin-floats, and engine cowling with teardrop bulges are realistically reproduced.
- Cockpit interior and engine feature fine details.
- Canopy can be assembled in either open or closed positions.
- Flaps can be assembled in either up or down positions.
- Dolly parts are included to display the model.
- Markings to depict aircraft flown from the battleship Bismarck, heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen,camouflaged cruisers Thor and Widder, and the 125th Maritime Reconnaissance Group(Total 5).
- Two crew figures included.
- Aircraft parts are made by Italeri.