Handley Page Halifax B Mk.I/II GR II
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model: (12)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $39.95You pay: $31.95(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Revell of GermanyStock Number: RMG 4670Scale: 1/72View all products of type "Halifax"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Halifax was one of the most famous Royal Air Force bombers of the 2nd World War II. Over 6170 aircraft of all variants were built. It was mainly used by Bomber Command on bombing missions over Europe. Other Halifax's were used to drop secret agent's into enemy territory as well as undertaking long distance maritime missions over the Atlantic and the North Sea, during which they sank a total of 43 enemy ships. Their active service began in 1941 with the RAF's Bomber Command as the second large 4 engine bomber. Although many problems were encountered during its development and always being overshadowed by the Lancaster, the Halifax continued to become the most famous Allied bomber of the war. The Halifax Mk II was armed with eight Browning machine guns and could carry a 5900 kg bomb load.
- New Mouldings
- Finely structured surface details with recessed panel joints
- Mk.I/II Wings
- Detailed cockpit with seats and instrument panel
- Interior details and partitioned radio compartment
- Detailed bomb bay including pylons
- 6 Bombs
- Movable front and rear gun turret with finely detailed MG's
- Mid-upper Gun Position can be fitted with either a Boulton Paul A or a Boulton C Turret
- Detailed main undercarriage bay
- Detailed undercarriage with intricate struts
- RR Merlin engine nacelles
- 3 different radiator grills
- 3 different exhaust systems
- Rotating propellers, with either threeor four blades
- Separate wing rudders
- 2 different types of tail-fin-antennas and masts
- Decals for a Halifax Mk II of Number 405 Squadron and a GR II of Number 58 Squadron