Lancaster Dam Buster
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (4)
Customize your model: (17)
Don't forget building supplies!
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $30.95You pay: $24.95(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Revell of GermanyStock Number: RMG 4295Scale: 1/72View all products of type "Lancaster"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Avro Lancaster was the most famous RAF heavy bomber of the 2nd World War and went into service in 1942. More than 7,300 of these machines were built for RAF Bomber Command. One of the most important RAF targets was the destruction of the Ruhr dams that supplied important industrial installations with power. In order to accurately attack such robust targets as dams or barrages a rotating bomb was developed which was better known as the "bouncing bomb". For this attack a special new unit was set up, 617 Squadron under the command of Wing Commander Guy Gibson. Code-named "Operation Chastise" this raid took place with 19 Lancaster bombers on the night of 16th to 17th May 1943. The first two dams - Mohne and Eder - were successfully destroyed, whereas the other two - Ennepe and Sorpe withstood the attack.
- Middle section of fuselage to take the special bombs
- Detailed bouncing bomb with rack
- Surface details with recessed panel lines
- Detailed cockpit with instrument panel and side panels
- Places for navigator and radio operator
- 2 rotating MG turrets
- Glazed canopy with different versions
- Detailed Merlin engine
- Main undercarriage bay with separate side struts
- Detailed main undercarriage
- Movable propeller
- 2 different propeller blades
- Decals for 2 RAF versions