C-2A Greyhound Twin-Engine Cargo Aircraft
Unassembled plastic model kit
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The C-2 Greyhound is a twin-engine cargo aircraft, designed to carry mail and supplies to and from aircraft carriers of the United States Navy. Its primary mission os Carrier onboard delivery. It is a derivative of the E-2 Hawkeye, sharing wings and power plants, but has a widened fuselage with a rear loading ramp. The first of two prototypes flew in 1964. The "A" variant depicted here is based on the C-2 but with an updated fuselage and better avionics. Kit consists of over 180 parts with markings for the United States Navy (by Cartograf), and also includes full interior detail consisting of a cargo compartment as well as 24 seats for transporting personnel an and off carriers. Wings are foldable for on-carrier display. Completed kit measures over 14" long with a wingspan (with wings unfolded) of over 20".
This kit has never previously been produced in plastic kit form!
- Positionable crew entry door
- Positionable rear ramp and door
- Detailed flight deck with positionable cabin door
- Main cargo bay has floor, sidewalls, and overhead structural details
- Passenger seats are provided
- Wings can be posed extended or folded
- Flaps are positionable
- Flight control surfaces are molded in neutral position
- Choice of standard four-blade propellers or new NP2000 props
- Lots of antenna details
- C-2A(R), 162161, VRC-30, USS Ronald Reagan, 2010
- C-2A(R), 162166, VAW-120, 2009