Air Force One 747 Cutaway
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (5)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $79.00You pay: $52.69(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 14703Scale: 1/144View all products of type "747"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Display stand included
- Passenger boarding stairs included
- Detailed fuselage presented true to scale and w/correct shape
- Cabin doors molded w/hollow windows
- Realistic communication room w/details
- Details of president's office represented the real one
- Guest section and conference room included
- Full cockpit interior details pilots' seats and instrument panel
- Intricate crew lounge reproduced
- Cargo door can be assembled open/closed
- Clear wings w/preformed structural members visible
- Wings are correctly shaped
- Jet exhausts w/transparent parts authentically represented
- Landing gear can be assembled in taxiing or folded position
One of the best-known aircraft of the current day is Air Force One, the name given to two Boeing 747s designed to carry the US president. The call sign 'Air Force One' can in actual fact refer to any aircraft that has the president aboard, but the term is often used synonymously for this specific pair of planes. The first dedicated presidential aircraft was a C-54 Skymaster, a long way from the two sophisticated Boeing 747-200B aircraft that have been used in the USA since 1990. These customized aircraft are known as the Boeing VC-25A, with all sorts of classified command and communication equipment installed inside. In a war scenario, the president could stay aloft and maintain secure communications with his forces and governmental apparatus. The two VC-25As are operated by the 89th Airlift Wing at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland.
Dragon has issued an exciting new 1/144 scale model kit of Air Force One. The model of this highly classified aircraft has a detailed interior, including the cabin with a layout in keeping with its specialized presidential function. This kit allows modelers to get intimately acquainted with one of the most famous aircraft in the world. Naturally, the wings, engines and fuselage are extremely well detailed. The kit even comes with special accessories such as a stair car and even a scale presidential figure. It's not easy to see, let alone get aboard, these US presidential aircraft, but now model-makers can own their personal Air Force One!