Apollo 11 Saturn V
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (5)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Plastic Model kit (paint & glue required)
- Newly tooled Saturn V rendered w/details
- Slide-molded S-ll second stage w/J-2 engines
- Propellant reproduced
- Apollo launch escape system (LES) and Command Service Module (CSM) rendered w/details
- Detailed reaction control thruster
- Detailed gimbals motors molded
- Realistic service propulsion system
- Intricate aft interstage installed
- Details like cable tunnel, auxiliary propulsion system and aft skirt represented like the real ones
- Detailed gimbal motors, molded on external nozzle
- Detailed pattern on bottom of S-lC first stage
- Slide-molded S-lC first stage w/F-1 engines
- Realistic fuel tanks installed
- Detailed Saturn V can be separately assembled
- Display stand newly designed especially for Saturn V
Dragon's announcement of a 1/72 scale pre-finished replica of a Saturn V rocket in its Space Collection created a huge buzz among space aficionados! Even in miniature form, it was absolutely enormous, as the completed model stood an unbelievable 1.5m tall. Now eager model builders can get in on the action with a full kit version of the Saturn V. As the longest, heaviest and most powerful rocket ever produced, the original Saturn V stood 110.6m high and had a diameter of 10.1m. The Saturn V was at the heart of NASA's Apollo and Skylab programs between 1967 and 1973. It was able to launch a 45-tonne payload into space beyond Low Earth Orbit. A total of 13 Saturn V launches took place, every one of them a success, plus they safely delivered 24 astronauts to the Moon.
Builders and owners of this Saturn rocket from Dragon will cause jaws to drop, while the model will without fail draw gasps of astonishment! The model includes the Command/Service Module (CSM) and Launch Escape System. All the relevant detail is carefully reproduced on the three rocket stages, and the model comes with accurate decals to provide the relevant markings. This Saturn V kit must become a centerpiece of any space fan's collection, and as such it comes with a stable circular base to allow it to be freestanding on the floor. This spectacular and massive kit will send ambitious modelers into orbit!