P-51K Mustang w/4.5" M10 Rocket Launcher
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (13)
Customize your model: (21)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Authentic-looking P-51K Mustang model
- Accurately shapped fuselage w/superb detail
- Canopy can be assembled open/closed
- Canopy mold w/2-directionsl slide mold
- Newly designed canopy presented as crystal-clear parts
- Newly designed propeller w/accurate curved section and true-to-scale thickness
- Intricate engine w/transport cowing represented by multiple parts
- Engine cowling support member made by slide mold
- Exhaust stacks made by slide mold
- Engine is fully detailed
- Landing gear can be assembled in taxing or folded position
- Rear outlet on radiator scoop assembly can be positioned
- Fine loop antenna
- Newly tooled 4.5-inch M10 launcher w/rockets
- Flaps can be angled for take-off/landing
- Detailed underlying rivet and panel line details for modeling wing during maintenance
- Landing gear compartment w/interior detail
- Instrument panel made from clear part
- Camera port included
- Newly designed photo-etched panel with ventilation holes
- Slide-molded machine guns w/full assembly
- Intricate ammo belts are included
- Spent-round ports are accurately reproduced
- Pilot's seat is upgraded w/photo-etched parts
- Engine radiator is included
- Detailed wheels and landing gear
- Weighted wheels made of DS
Aviation modelers have been waiting a long time for Dragon to release another fantastic model of the famous P-51 Mustang. At last the wait is over! Dragon's new kit is a 1/32 scale kit of the P-51K. The American P-51 Mustang entered service midway through WWII and became a hugely successful and recognizable fighter. Most were employed as bomber escorts in the European theater, with the definitive and most widely produced version being the P-51D. The P-51K was essentially a P-51D with a different propeller, an Aeroproducts four-blade 11'-diameter hollow steel propeller. These propellers had a different blade shape to the more common Hamilton Standard, though they weren't as reliable. Some 1,500 P-51K fighters were manufactured in Dallas. The P-51D and K arrived in Europe in mid-1944 and they quickly became the primary fighter of the US Army Air Force (USAAF).
Following Dragon's earlier releases of 1/32 scale P-51D Mustang kits is this long-awaited P-51K variant. The kit features a brand new canopy and, obviously, a new propeller. To increase its attractiveness even further, the fighter is fitted with brand new 4.5-inch M10 rocket launchers. This three-tube M10 rocket launcher allowed the Mustang to terrorize German forces and vehicles on the ground in Northwest Europe, for example. As before, this kit is highly detailed using state-of-the-art engineering and molding techniques. No effort has been spared in producing a kit brimming with detail, and yet it's one that remains easy to assemble. Cartograf has provided a series of outstanding decal markings, all that modelers will need to finish off Dragon's latest 1/32 Mustang family member.