US Marines M4A2 Sherman (Pacific Theater)
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (40)
Customize your model: (32)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $60.50You pay: $40.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6462Scale: 1/35View all products of type "M4 Sherman"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Wood planks on upper hull sides and suspension especially depicted
- Wood texture finely rendered
- Newly tooled turret with authentic details
- New pedestal mount for machine gun
- Bracket for MG barrel is finely detailed
- New one-piece T54E1 VVSS tracks with track extenders
- Wire protection around hatches by photo-etched parts
- Newly tooled engine deck with realistically detailed engine deck grill
- Optional headlight guard by photo-etched part reproduced in authentic shape
- Cartograf Decal offers accurate markings
The largest WWII tank battles took place in Europe, whether in the rugged terrain of the Mediterranean, densely populated Northwest Europe, or the open steppes of Russia. However, tanks also played an important role in the Pacific Theater of Operations (PTO). This was in spite of the challenges posed by factors like tropical jungles and small islands, or the small number of tanks fielded by Japan. Dragon is offering a fantastic new kit of an M4A2(W) Sherman of the type used by the USMC in the Pacific. The "W" in its nomenclature refers to its "wet stowage" (glycerine-protected) ammo stowage rack
The M4A2 was effectively used in assaults against dug-in Japanese defenders on many islands and atolls throughout the Pacific, as Allied forces inexorably advanced towards the Japanese mainland. One common feature found in contemporary wartime photos was wood planks mounted around the hull and suspension area to protect against Japanese antitank weapons and fanatical Japanese infantrymen intent upon attaching a magnetic mine. This new 1/35 scale M4A2(W) includes this most eye-catching feature, and the wood planks possess a realistic wood-grain texture. The kit also offers other completely new items, examples of which are a brand new turret and a turret-top MG mount and bracket. The engine deck is also new, and it is accurately shaped and detailed. For use in sandy or swampy conditions, this tank can roll on brand new one-piece T54E1 tracks with extenders that are made from DS.