Tiger I Early Production (Michael Wittmann), 1944
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (45)
Customize your model: (31)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Available(Ships in 2-4 business days)
This product is in stock
at our suppliers, if ordered it
will take a few days to arrive.List price: $96.95You pay: $64.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6730Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Panzer VI Tiger"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Hauptsturmfuhrer Michael Wittmann was one of Germany's highest-scoring tank aces of WWII, with the credited destruction of 138 tanks and 132 anti-tank guns. He cut his teeth on the Eastern Front with a StuG.III, and later he took command of a Tiger I in time for combat during Operation Citadel at Kursk in July 1943. Dragon has created a magnificent representation of Wittmann's Tiger I (turret number 'S04') with 88 kill marks on barrel. Dragon's kit appropriately portrays an Early-Production variant, and it forms the important and much-anticipated last piece of Dragon's exemplary Tiger I family.
This awesome plastic kit made precisely to 1/35 scale shows Wittmann's Tiger I with 88 kill marks on the lethal 8.8cm gun barrel. These painted barrel rings illustrated the power of the Tiger I as well as the skill of tank ace Wittmann. This brand new kit stems from thorough research and it's thus accurately designed to represent Wittmann's 'S04' mount. To ensure the absolute highest levels of quality, the majority of components in this special release, like turret, upper hull, engine deck, rear panel, road wheels, spare tracks and etc, are newly tooled and engineered to achieve the engineering level of a Smart Kit, and to provide the unique appearance of this famous Tiger.
- Hull hatches w/interior detail and optional periscope hoods
- Newly tooled "Command Tiger" rear wall with antenna tube
- New antenna storage container on rear plate
- Hull bottom w/correct drains and hatches for early Tigers
- Detailed hull MG w/mounting frame, ammunition bag and telescope
- The scissors periscope, used by Whittmann, is provided with its cupola mount
- Extensive new tooling for extreme accuracy
- Accurately detailed slide molded muzzle brake
- Spare track links stowed on turret have crisp detail
- Guide horns on spare track links are separate parts for greater realism
- Tail light plate features photo-etched parts
- Interior hull components: fuel tanks, radiators, fans
- Smoke grenade launchers on turret newly tooled
- One-piece molded cupola w/vision slits
- Clear direct-vision blocks
- Hatch w/interior details
- Engine deck features 4 posable filler caps, accurate Feifel tubes, and photo-etched mesh screens
- S-mine launchers and mounts are newly tooled with fine detail including electrical connectors
- Turret base has accurate bolt holes, connection points and locking slots
- Headlight, mounts and cable conduits fully detailed
- Plastic waterproof-cover hooks for MH
- New frontal armor plate
- Internal turret ring has visible bolt detail
- Feifel system accurately detailed down to the connecting bolts
- Flat mantlet with plugged MG opening is accurate for Whittmann's S04 Tiger
- Authentic-looking tow cables made from plastic
- New toolbox parts with very fine and complete detail
- Alternate hubs are provided to model missing road wheels, as seen in photos of Wittmann's Tiger
- Waterproof cap on exhaust pipe can be posed open or closed
- Convenient and easy-to-assemble one piece DS Tracks
- The unique details of a Command Tiger are all present on the right hull side
- New slide-molded turret roof
- Newly tooled commander seat
- New tooled on-vehicle tools with clasps
- Includes the 3 antenna mounts of a Command Tiger
- Extreme attention to detail correctly replicates the curved cross-section design of the air-cooling grills
- Newly tooled sprocket has alternate hubs including the correct type for "S04"
- Newly tooled hull roof with finely detailed turret seating ring
- Newly designed pistol port with interior details