T-34/76 Mod 1943 w/ Commander Cupola Factory 112
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (40)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $59.99You pay: $40.69(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6584Scale: 1/35View all products of type "T-34"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled soft-edged cast-turret bottom
- Finely reproduced newly tooled idler
- Newly tooled road wheels realistically reproduced
- New T-34/76 w/cupola accurately designed
- Turret top plate newly designed w/accurate detail
- New tow-cable heads (x2) provided w/options
- Sharply detailed pistol port
- Casting marks realistically presented on turret sides
- 3-directional slide-molded cupola w/interior detail
- Cupola hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Turret hatch w/weld detail can be positioned open/closed
- Handles on hull sides and engine deck
- Glacis plate w/realistic interlocking detail
- Front and rear tow hooks crisply made
- Soft-edged hexagonal turret made by 3-directional slide mold
- Turret has realistic cast detail
- Realistic-looking asymmetric mantlet has bolt detail
- Mantlet rain cover included
- Mantlet has cutting-seam detail
- Round-shaped trunnions w/cast detail
- Bolted connecting plate for mantlet
- Rear hull plate especially tooled
- Spare-track tie-downs made from photo-etched parts
- Engine deck rear plate for diesel-engine type
- Exhaust covers finely detailed
- One-piece lower hull offers easy assembly
- Running gear finely reproduced
- Detailed suspension system
- Suspension arms realistically recreated
- Optional photo-etched parts for engine-cover grills available
- Engine-deck louvers finely represented by photo-etched parts
- Front fenders w/sharp detail
- Two types of storage box provided
- T-34 Magic Tracks w/refined detail
- Metal tow cable included
The T-34, the mainstay tank of the Red Army during WWII, has been described as the most important weapon that helped Russia win the war in the East. It was the most widely produced tank of the war, and as can be expected, a number of variants evolved throughout its lifetime. Dragon has chosen one of its important incarnations as the canvas for its next 1/35 scale plastic kit. The item is a T-34/76 Model 1943 tank built by Factory No.112 in Gorky, a facility also known as Krasnoye Sormovo. This T-34 type featured a 76mm cannon in a hexagonal-shaped turret. The two-man cast turret possessed distinctive soft edges, and it comprised three main pieces the walls, roof and ring. It was on this turret that a cupola for the commander was finally incorporated in the summer of 1943.
Dragon has done a fine job of replicating in 1/35 scale the characteristics peculiar to this type. The soft-edged turret is a particular feature of the kit, and its cast texture is amazingly realistic. The turret, which comes from completely new toolings, is fitted with the correct cupola for the commander's use.
This model is simply bulging with detail, and there are photo-etched parts to represent fine elements such as the engine deck grills and louvers that cannot be accurately portrayed in plastic. The original tank operated on rubber-tired road wheels that have been newly tooled just for this kit, and the tank's also shod in Magic Tracks that assemble quickly and easily. This is an exciting rendition of the T-34/76 Mod.1943 from Gorky!