Sd.Kfz.7/1 2cm Flakvierling 38 w/Armor cab
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (22)
Customize your model: (19)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Armored shields on gun can be assembled for travel or combat
- Dropsides and tailgate can be folded down for better crew access
- Gun can traverse 360 degrees
- Two options provided for customization - one-piece angled plate or overhanging cab armor plate
- Two types of front armor plates provided as options
- Sharply reproduced on-vehicle tools
- Front window armor plates w/photo-etched parts can be assembled open/closed
- Driver's and radio operator's hatches w/interior detail can be assembled open/closed
- Gen2 Kar98k rifles can be mounted in rack
- Rifle rack accurately presented
- Cannon can be freely posed at different angles
- 2cm Flakvierling 38 cannon mounted
- Slide-molded one-piece gun barrel w/hollow muzzle
- Triangular base-plate for gun authentically detailed
- Gun shield molded to correct scale thickness
- Intricately detailed internal mechanical components: engine, gearbox, fuel tank, compressed-air tank, suspension, exhaust and winch
- 6-cylinder engine represented by multiple parts
- Delicate engine housing
- Gun cradle offers great detail definition
- Gun sight and hand wheels w/well-defined detail
- Detailed gearbox has multipart assembly
- Brake drums have detail on both sides
- Finely detailed sub-frame made by slide molds w/muffler and exhaust-pipe assembly
- Slide molds enabled one-piece chassis frame w/support-brace detail
- Winch assembly w/rope, tow hook and actuator realistically reproduced
- Detailed winch spool has bolt and rib detail
- Rear crossbeam w/roller and trailer coupling depicted like the real one
- Fully detailed steering mechanism
- Suspension system as per the real vehicle; slide-molded suspension arms and springs w/delicate detail
- Accurately shaped front fenders made from 2-directional slide-molds
- Different road wheels rendered w/delicate detail on both sides
- Front wheels made from DS have authentic tire tread pattern
- Sprocket w/realistic ribbed detail
- Photo-etched flange around sprocket wheel
- Rear mirror realistically presented
- Final-drive housing made from separate parts with bolt and rib detail
- Optional headlamps provided
- Magic Tracks for German halftrack reproduced
- Reinforced track links
Dragon brings together two highly acclaimed plastic kits from its existing range to create a scintillating new 1/35 scale item. The two components are the 2cm Flakvierling 38 cannon and the Sd.Kfz.7 8-ton halftrack. Together they form Dragon's new Sd.Kfz.7/1 halftrack with the exciting addition of an armored cab. A total of 319 Sd.Kfz.7/1 systems mounting the Flakvierling 38 cannon were produced by Germany up till October 1944. From late 1943, instead of the usual open cab, a number of antiaircraft halftrack combinations were supplied with a cab protected by 8mm-thick armor plate. These vehicles in Luftwaffe flak units operated with a crew of ten men, and the gun had a 360 degree traverse when the dropsides and tailgate were folded down.
This is a 2-in-1 kit, offering the modeler the choice of depicting the two different types of armored-cab configurations that were produced. Furthermore, the kit also offers two different types of tailgate/dropside. One is of wooden-board construction, while the other is a wire-mesh pattern that's rendered via accurate photo-etched parts. These side-frame elements can be modeled upright for transport, or folded down for an in-action diorama. The halftrack and the cannon are of the highest quality and they exhibit an ultimate level of accuracy. This Sd.Kfz.7/1 with armored cab is indeed a welcome addition to Dragon's Sd.Kfz.7 family line.