OT-34/76 Mod.1943 (No.112 Factory) Smart kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (40)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Available(Ships in 2-4 business days)
This product is in stock
at our suppliers, if ordered it
will take a few days to arrive.List price: $54.99You pay: $37.39(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6614Scale: 1/35View all products of type "T-34"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled part for OT-34/76 flamethrower tank
- New OT-34/76 accurately presented w/well-defined details
- Photo-etched fuel tank brackets
- Photo-etched rear fuel tank brackets
- Front fender parts w/sharp detail
- 3-directional slide-molded cupola w/interior detail
- Cupola hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Turret top plate newly designed w/accurate detail
- Turret hatch w/weld detail can be positioned open/closed
- Hull side w/casting mark realistically presented
- Soft-edged hexagonal turret made by 3-directional slide-mold technology
- Turret w/realistic cast detail
- Realistic-looking asymmetric mantlet w/bolt detail
- Mantlet rain cover included
- Mantlet w/cutting-seam detail
- Round-shaped trunnions w/cast detail
- Bolted connecting plate for mantlet
- Accurately depicted soft-edged cast-turret bottom in maximum detail including ribs on turret ring, molding seams and casting-gate seams
- Slide-molded gun barrel included
- Turret interior detail including the gun w/breech assembly
- Engine-deck plate and rear hull plate have full detail
- Fuel tank w/photo-etched brackets
- Handles on hull sides
- Realistically represented road wheels
- Detailed suspension system
- Suspension arms realistically created
- One-piece lower hull offers easy assembly
- Two types of storage box provided
- Turret rear plate has ID mark used during factory production
- Optional photo-etched parts for engine-cover grills available
- Engine-deck louvers finely represented by photo-etched parts
- T-34 Magic Tracks w/refined detail
Dragon has an impressive number of T-34/76 tanks in its 1/35 scale range of plastic kits, but one variant that has never appeared before is the OT-34. However, this deficiency has now been addressed with the release of Item No. 6614. An OT-34 ("OT" stands for Ogniomietnyj Tank) was a standard T-34 tank converted into a flamethrower vehicle by internally mounting of an ATO-41 or ATO-42 flame projector in the place where the hull machinegun was normally placed. This position meant the main gun in the turret was unaffected and could still be used as normal. More than 1500 such T-34s were transformed into flamethrower tanks after design work commenced in November 1940. The OT-34 could shoot a jet of flame to a range of 90m. Fed by a 105-litre fuel tank, the ATO-41 could fire ten short bursts, while the improved ATO-42 introduced in 1942-43 had a range of 130m.
Dragon's 1/35 kit depicts an OT-34 based on a Model 1943 tank. The model shows a vehicle manufactured at the Krasnoye Sormovo No.112 factory in Gorky, and serving with the most famous OT-34 battalion of all, the "Dmitri Donskoi" Battalion. Interestingly, the Russian Orthodox Church raised the money to establish this independent flamethrower tank battalion, which was named after a famous historical figure. The "Dmitri Donskoi" Battalion was part of the 1st Guards Tank Army.
The kit has been modified to correctly resemble an OT-34, and thus it features a newly tooled fuel tank and the appropriate straps made from photo-etched metal. The front fenders are also new. The kit features all the typical characteristics of other T-34 kits from Dragon, including generous offerings of photo-etched metal and slide-molded plastic components. This OT-34 is a searing hot release and will look good in any collection or Eastern Front diorama.