German SP Howitzer Wespe "Italian Front"
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model: (15)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $45.00You pay less than: $36.00Add to cart to see actual sales price.Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 35358Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Sd.Kfz.124 Wespe"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
This model faithfully recreates the German Self-Propelled Howitzer Wespe. It is a classic model from within the Tamiya catalogue, but this version includes updated parts and new marking options for vehicles that fought on the Italian front.
Originally designed as a stopgap, with a production run of 676, this Pz.Kpfw.II chassis-based howitzer exceeded German expectations. Intended mainly for infantry support, the Pz.Kpfw.II's moving turret was replaced with a boxy stationary superstructure equipped with the Type 18/2 10.5cm L/28 howitzer. While the crew of 5 were not blessed with overwhelming protection, their vehicle was a mobile threat to Allied forces nonetheless.
- Open top fighting compartment features parts for rack, radio, ammo and flare cases, and more.
- Assembly type tracks feature one-piece straight sections. Upper runs depict realistic sag.
- Comes with markings for 26th Panzer Division and 29th Panzer Grenadier Division.
- Includes 4 figures total: commander, gunner and two loaders.
- Marvel at the highly accurate depiction of the compact yet tough Wespe's form.
- No fewer than four figures are included in the kit, adding an extra layer of realism.
- This close-up on the figures showcases the authentic action poses employed.
- Depictions of the tracks are assembly type, and offer realistic 'sag' on the upper runs.
- Comes with new individual parts for a host of interior equipment: flare case, medical kit, etc.