Italian P40 Heavy Tank
Unassembled plastic model kit
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
During WWII, the only heavy tank produced by Italy was the P40. The P stands for Pesante, or "heavy" in Italian, and the number 40 for the year of adoption, 1940. The tank featured bogey-style wheels on a lead spring suspension. The riveted hull construction was the same as the earlier Carro Armato M13/40 (Item 32596). The tank was equipped with a 75mm gun and an 8mm Breda machine gun and was powered by a 330hp V12 diesel engine. The P40 adopted sloped armor after encountering the Soviet T-34s in battle. Roughly 1,200 tanks were order, but only a few were completed before the Italian Armistice in 1943. Approximately 100 tanks were use from then to the end of the war in Northern Italy and Yugoslavia.
Specs & Features
- Limited edition 1/35 scale plastic assembly kit of the Italian Heavy Tank P40.
- Made by Italeri.
- Length: 165mm.
- Riveted hull, sloped armor, and leaf spring suspension have all been realistically reproduced.
- Assembly type tracks included.
- Photo-etched parts include exhaust covers, jerry can racks, and fender stays.
- Markings included to depict Fiat Ansaldo's prototype tank as well as German vehicles. (3 types of markings total).
- 40 page photo reference book included.