JGSDF MCV Type 16
Unassembled plastic model kit
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $67.00You pay less than: $53.60Add to cart to see actual sales price.Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 35361Scale: 1/35View all products of type "MCV Type 16"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
This scale model assembly kit recreates the Japan Ground Self Defense Force (JGSDF) Type 16, which reached units beginning in 2017. An 8-wheel vehicle, the JGSDF classify it as a Maneuver Combat Vehicle (MCV), a highly mobile and well-armed vehicle intended to provide supporting fire and take on enemy armor as a part of rapid response units. Its domestically designed L/52 105mm rifled gun is a low-recoil piece with perforated muzzle brake and a fire control system to enable accurate firing on the move. Rolled steel turret and hull employ modular and spaced armor estimated to be able to survive frontal hits from 20-30mm class guns and portable anti-tank weapons. Thanks to its 570hp engine, the 26-ton Type 16 has a top speed of around 100km/h and significant range; it looks set to provide a major boost to JGSDF units as its rollout continues.
- 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 241mm.
- Refined, angular surfaces have an uncomplicated parts breakdown without sacrificing detail.
- Realistically rendered underside features steerable front wheel pairs.
- Clear parts are used to recreate light lenses and periscope components, plus goggles.
- Rubber tires feature authentic sidewall shapes and tread patterns.
- Comes with 2 figures (one commander and one gunner) for installation in the model.
- 3 decal marking options.