German Panzer V Panther Ausf D - Sd.Kfz.171
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (27)
Customize your model: (11)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
This 1/35 Military Miniature Series model kit depicts the German Panther, a WWII AFV developed by Germany to combat the mighty Russian T-34. Given the importance of stopping the T-34 as the Russians turned the tide in WWII, the Panther was a priority and this was emphasized by armored warfare expert Heinz Guderian's role in the design process. The Panther packed a powerful L/70 7.5cm gun (rumored to have taken out a T-34 at 3km) and combined it with excellent mobility and a 55km/h top speed. Just as importantly, it made great use of T-34-inspired sloped armor, up to 80mm in places. As things turned out, development of the Panther was rushed as the German situation worsened, and this led to severe reliability problems in engagements such as the Battle of Kursk in July 1943. Despite that, it proved offensively and defensively highly capable. The Ausf.D was the initial variant of the Panther; 842 were manufactured between January and September 1943.
- Newly-tooled kit captures the form of the Panther Ausf.D with sloped armor, and long 7.5cm gun.
- Ausf.D-specific features include: smoke dischargers and rear panel layout.
- Belt type tracks.
- 1-piece molded gun barrel features separate muzzle brake parts.
- All hatches on the model (excluding small arms port), plus gun travel lock are moving parts.
- Radiator and fan are reproduced using separate parts, for a highly detailed finish.
- Turret rear has opening escape hatch.
- Built-in poly caps ensure that the wheel assembly is a straightforward process, and that wheels move after the model is finished.
- Commander torso figure plus full body crew figure included.
- 3 marking options include Battle of Kursk unit.