M561 6x6 Gamma Goat
Unassembled plastic model kit
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $47.00You pay less than: $37.60Add to cart to see actual sales price.Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 35330Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Gamma Goat"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The M561 Gamma Goat was seven years in development until production of the vehicle began in 1968. Its unique name was derived from the creator of its articulated joint, Roger Gamaunt, and its mountain goat-like climbing ability. It was unlike most other military off-road vehicles in that power could go to all 6 wheels of the vehicle, and its aforementioned articulated joint allowed 80 degree pitch and 60 degree roll ranges of the carrier module at the rear. Its excellent rough-terrain mobility was tempered somewhat by problems with tricky handling and maintenance, as well as it being rather noisy, but the Gama Goat continued in service until it was effectively replaced by the HMMWV in the late 1980s.
Tamiya's 1/35 scale model faithfully reproduces this vehicle in every detail possible. Extensive research of the full size vehicle was conducted to give modelers the best kit possible.
- The articulation joint of the M561 is recreated faithfully
- the joint on the model uses a poly-cap to accurately mimic the movemet range of the real vehicle.
- The model features optional front windshield and front-mounted winch parts.
- The complex 6-wheel drive suspension is recreated in a single molded part.
- 1 driver figure is included.
- Comes with 3 marking options.