Russian Tank BT-7 1935
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $68.00You pay: $45.59(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 35309Scale: 1/35View all products of type "BT-2/5/7"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
In 1935, the last of the Soviet cavalry tanks, the BT-7, were produced. This Russian tank incorporated features from tanks designed by the American engineer, Walter Christie. The "BT" in the name stands for "Bystrokhodny Tank" which means fast tank. The coil spring suspension system, which was designed by Walter Christie, and powerful engine allowed this tank to reach an on-road speed of 31mph. To enhance speed and mobility, the tracks could be removed so that the vehicle would operate on-road with only the wheels. The BT-7 featured a 47mm gun, 7.62mm DT machine gun, sloped frontal armor, and a Model M-17T (V-2 at BT-7m engine. The sloped armor was used in later tanks such as the T-34l. An estimated 4,700 BT-7 tanks were produced from 1935 to 1939. The tanks were used during the Spanish Civil War, in battles against the Japanese forces in Mongolia and on the Eastern Fronts.
The large-pitch simple tracks are reproduced as link-type assembly tracks which include one-piece straight sections. Suspension features a realistic finish.
Headlight lens and vision guard on the driver's hatch are made from clear parts to enhance realism.
- Length: 161mm, Width: 65mm.
- Distinct style of the tank including sloped armor on the front section and dynamic road wheels have been realistically reproduced.
- Double-layered structure of the hull sides and the mechanically-complicated suspension feature a rich finish.
- A tank equipped with a frame antenna can also be assembled.
- Photo-etched parts and realistic metal towing chain included. A convenient jig to bend the parts is also included.
- A commander and tank crew figure holding a premission briefing with a map are included to provide a sense of tension. (Total 2)
- Markings to depict BT-7 tanks seen at the Eastern front lines and in Mongolia included.(Total 5)