French UE Armored Carrier
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (16)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Always looking for interesting subjects to add to our world-famous 1/35 scale Military Miniatures lineup, we now proudly announce the release of the unique French Armored Carrier UE. Display it with the B1 bis (ITEM 35282) to create an exhibit of early WWII French AFVs.
About the Armored Carrier UE
Originally developed in the early 1930s, this light armored carrier was capable of towing light artillery and was also designed for use in supplying infantry units at the front lines. Its compact design meant that the heads of the two crew members protruded from the chassis, so distinctive semi-spherical hatches were created to give them a little protection. The initial production of 60 vehicles was soon supplemented by larger orders as France sought to re-equip its army to face the growing threat of Germany. By 1940, approximately 4,800 had been built, including an improved version featuring 4-step gearbox and towing shackles. It was used in the early days of WWII by the French army until its surrender, after which the German army used captured vehicles until the end of the war, modifying some of them into self-propelled guns.
About the Model
- High-quality 1/35 scale assembly kit model of the Armored Carrier UE.
- Headlight and tow hook parts included to depict UE Series 2 and Series 3 variants.
- Fine details such as movable cargo compartment (planned), semi-spherical hatches, and towed trailer all accurately reproduced.
- Full set of accessories, such as 6 wooden crates, 2 fuel drums, 2 each of both large and small canvas bundles, are included for realistic depiction of cargo loads.
- 2 crew member torso figures and 2 new French soldier figures with MAS36 rifles in standing poses included for increased diorama possibilities.
- 3 different types of markings planned.