US M60A3 105mm Gun Tank
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (12)
Customize your model: (11)
Don't forget building supplies!
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $55.00You pay: $36.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 35140Scale: 1/35View all products of type "M-60"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
This is a re-release model of the M60A3 tank. Together with the M1 Abrams, the M60A3 formed the core of U.S. tank forces during the 1980s. It featured a cast iron chassis that was inherited from the M48 tanks that first appeared in the 1950s, and was powered by a super-charged air-cooled diesel. The turret, too, was manufactured from cast iron, and was mounted with a 105mm gun with thermal sleeve to provide protection from barrel distortion. Other technologically-advanced additions at the time included a laser based rangefinder and ballistic computer, allowing the M60A3 to pack a fearsome punch. Production began in 1978, and the 3,600 examples produced went on to fulfil a leading military role for in excess of 20 years.
- The turret depicts the cast iron finish of the real tank
- The model can be assembled with or without thermal sleeve attached to the main gun.
- Modelers can choose to construct the model with open or closed crew hatch.
- The driver's hatch is movable.
- Authentic suspension is recreated using separate parts.
- 3 sets of markings and a commander figure are included with the kit.