Russian Heavy Tank JS-2 1944
Unassembled plastic model kit
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Russian Heavy Tank JS-2 was built to counter the German Tiger I. The JS-2, which was put into production in December 1943 during the latter half of WWII, had a long powerful 122mm gun and superior armor. From August, 1944 the hatch on the front glacis was deleted, which greatly improved its frontal protection. The JS-2 was produced in the Chelyabinsk Kirov factory (ChKZ), and they proved to be effective as "breakthrough" tanks as well as combating German armor. The Tamiya 1/48 scale model kit faithfully captures the details of this iconic World War II machine.
Specs and Features
- 1/48 scale plastic assembly kit.
- Turret and hull feature a realistic cast metal surface texture.
- The assembly-type tracks offer easy assembly and feature realistic sag effect.
- Includes 1 commander figure positioned in the cupola.
- Comes with 2 kinds of markings.