4X4 Utility Truck HMMVW
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $38.00You pay: $25.89(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 32563Scale: 1/48View all products of type "HMMWV (Hummer)"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
This model is the first 1/48 U.S 4x4 utility vehicle Tamiya has produced in the 1/48 scale military miniature series. Developed in the late 1970s, the US military released the U.S 4x4 utility vehicle to replace the M151 MUTT and M561 in missions. This 4x4 utility vehicle allowed the U.S military to perform various missions with one car. The vehicle was known for its off-road mobility and dependability. The U.S 4x4 vehicle was versatile because of its lightweight and exceptional performance. The aluminum body and strong steel frame allowed it to take on roles such as cargo/troop transport, ambulance, and armament carrier. The vehicle included a 4-wheel independent suspension, 4WD system, and a 150hp V8 diesel engine that allowed it to reach top speeds of 105km/h. The most popular version of this vehicle was the "Cargo Type", which included a large rear deck area to hold 1,100kg of cargo or eight infantrymen. These vehicles first were used in Panama in 1989 and since have been used in the 1991 Gulf War.
Specs & Features
- 1/48 plastic assembly kit.
- Features the same highly detailed suspension as its 1/35 scale counterpart (Item 35267).
- Solid rubber tires.
- Distinctive canvas top easily distinguishes it from other variants.
- Choose to produce this model with either open or closed doors.
- The interior, including the dashboard has been realistically reproduced.
- Modelers can choose to assemble the model with or without the rear cargo cover.
- It is possible to assemble the large sized canvas cover flap in a tied up state to allow viewing of the interior.
- One driver figure in camouflage uniform is included.
- Three kinds of decal markings.