US M20 Armored Utility Car
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Don't forget building supplies!
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The M20 was a high-speed general-purpose armored vehicle designed to meet the needs of the U.S. Army's mechanized forces during WWII. It was essentially an M8 Greyhound, but without the gun turret. In its place was an open-topped hull superstructure fitted with a .50 caliber Browning machine gun on a ring mount. Other infantry weapons, including an anti-tank bazooka, were kept inside the vehicle. This AFV was used mainly as a command and reconnaissance vehicle equipped with radios, but its excellent rough terrain performance and high speed meant it also served as an armored personnel carrier as well as general cargo carrier
About the Model
- 1/48 scale assembly model kit of the U.S. M20 Amored Utility Car.
- A number of pre-sculpted parts help recreate the complex suspension system while keeping the number of parts down for ease of assembly.
- Open-top hull superstructure allows viewing of internal details such as driver's position and radio-operator position.
- Die-cast chassis for added weight and realism.
- 2 figures and 2 types of markings are included.
- Display alongside ITEM 32551 U.S. M8 Light Armored Car "Greyhound" for an interesting comparison of differences.
- A great piece to include in a diorama with other Tamiya 1/48 scale aircraft, vehicles, and figures.