Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $42.00You pay: $26.88(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 32555Scale: 1/48View all products of type "Crusader"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
In the 1930's, a British mission observed the field maneuvers of the Russian army and were impressed by the performance of some of their tanks, which were influenced by the designs of American Walter Christie. The British decided to develop their own fast "cruiser" tank for their army and their efforts eventually resulted in the Crusader. When it entered operational service in 1941 as part of Operation Battle axe in North Africa, the Crusader was found to be faster than its German counterparts, but had a less powerful gun, thinner armor, and was not very reliable. Due to delays in the development of new tanks, it was decided to mount the larger 6-pounder gun onto the Crusader. The larger gun resulted in a smaller 3-man turret crew.
About the Model
- 1/48 scale assembly model kit of the British Crusader Mk.III tank.
- New parts included to depict the larger 6-pounder main gun and its associated gun mantlet.
- Die-cast chassis for added weight and realism.
- Caterpillar tracks are assembly type, with upper sections featuring realistic sag effect. 3 types of markings included.
- Display alongside ITEM 32541 British Crusader Mk.I/II Cruiser Tank Mk.VI and ITEM 32546 British Crusader
- Mk.III Anti-Aircraft Tank Mk.III to showcase the Crusader family of AFVs.
- Also an excellent piece to use with either Allied or German vehicles to depict scenes from the North African desert.