US Tank Destroyer M10
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $33.00You pay: $22.49(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 32519Scale: 1/48View all products of type "M-10 Achilles"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
America's first tank destroyer, the M10 was mounted on a Sherman hull and had an open-topped turret carrying a 3-inch (76.2mm) cannon capable of penetrating 8.8cm of armor at 1000m distance. Due to the need for high mobility, the M10 wore relatively thin armor plating. However, auxiliary armor could be added easily using the bolts located on the turret and hull. Facing its baptism of fire against the Germans in Tunisia in 1943, the M10 Tank Destroyer went on to serve in Italy, Western Europe and the Pacific.
About the Model
- Plastic assembly model accurately captures angled hull armor and distinctively wedge-shaped turret
- Open turret offers view of 76.2mm cannon's loading device and combat compartment, all finished in realistic and impressive detail
- Includes both press-type and perforated road wheels and idler wheels
- Vehicle-loaded equipment and heavy caliber M2 machine gun included as separate parts
- Comes with U.S. style Jerry cans and 3 types of markings