Universal Carrier Mk.II
Unassembled plastic model kit
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The British Are Coming!
Longtime best-seller in the 1/35 scale, we now introduce the popular British Universal Carrier to the 1/48 scale Military Miniature Series. This is our first 1/48 British AFV, and it is a compact and versatile model that is perfect for building dioramas with Tamiya 1/48 accessory sets.
About the Universal Carrier Mk.II
During World War II, British and Commonwealth armies used a vast number of small sized, fully tracked weapons carriers, chief among which was the Universal Carrier Mk.II. The compact, open top vehicle served in a variety of roles on the North African, Italian and West European fronts. A number of variants were constructed, including models mounted with mortars and flamethrowers, however, most machines typically carried a Bren light machine gun. Over 65,000 models were manufactured in Britain, Canada and other Commonwealth countries, making it one of the most numerous armored vehicles built during WWII.
About the Model
- 1/48 scale reproduction of Universal Carrier Mk.II to an impressive level of detail.
- Tracks and roller wheels made from single piece for ease of assembly.
- Suspension coil spring made from separate part for extra realism.
- Replicates the Mk.II's distinctive box-like shape and open top style.
- Includes perfectly detailed accessories like the Bren gun, Enfield rifle and ammo boxes.
- Choice of 4 different markings of Universal Carriers serving in Europe and North Africa.