Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $18.50You pay: $12.69(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 32501Scale: 1/48View all products of type "Kubelwagen"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Tamiya now introduces the first item in the 1/48 Military Miniature Vehicle Series: The Kubelwagen Type 82. This very popular vehicle was not only employed by the Wehrmacht but also by the Luftwaffe. This vehicle is perfect for people who want to create realistic dioramas. Set includes 2 figures. Front doors come as separate parts and can be attached in opened or closed position.
About the German Kubelwagen Type 82
In February 1936, Dr. Ferdinand Porsche presented his first prototype of the "People's Car", which was to be the base of the Volkswagen "Beetle". However, with the outbreak of WWII, all manufacture of the Volkswagen was immediately turned to military production. In January 1938, German Defense Forces presented specifications for a military version of this practical vehicle. In November of that same year, a prototype was completed and it was officially designated Pkw. K1 "Kubelwagen" Type 82. The vehicle used a light but sturdy monocoque construction with foldable canvas top. With its reliable engine and heavy duty suspension, the Kubelwagen immediately came to be used by every unit, from the scorching desert of Africa to the frozen Russian Eastern Front. About 51,000 Kubelwagens, including several variations, were rolled out from the factory by the end of WWII.
- Overall length: 79mm
- Overall width: 33.5mm
- Perfect for people who want to create realistic dioramas with their 1/48 scale planes.
- The form of the actual Kubelwagen has been accurately replicated.
- Every characteristic of a late production Kubelwagen such as short rear fenders has been reproduced.
- Comes with decals for 4 different markings including 3 vehicles from the Luftwaffe.
- The interior has been replicated down to the finest detail.
- Front doors come as separate parts and can be attached in opened or closed position.
- Set includes 2 figures in standing position, one holding a map and the other giving instructions just before flight.