JGSDF Type 90 Tank and Type 73 Light Truck
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
This model kit set pairs its classic model of the Type 90 tank (from Item 35208) with Japanese model maker Fine Molds' Type 73, in what promises to be a great value diorama in a box!
The Type 90 main battle tank reached units from 1991, with 341 examples manufactured by 2009. A 120mm smoothbore gun put it on the cutting edge at the time of its design. The Type 73 was adopted back in 1973 but served concurrently with the Type 90 until deployment ended around 2010. An 80hp engine and capacity for 6 passengers made it a highly versatile servant to the Japan Ground Self Defense Force (JGSDF).
Type 90 Model:
- The distinctive, sharp form of the Type 90 is accurately captured, complete with details such as depictions of the automatic loading device, canvas covers on the gun root, etc. and non-slip surfaces.
- Commander and gunner hatches are moveable between open and closed positions, while the driver's hatch can be assembled open or closed.
- Comes with two figures, recreating a commander and gunner, and two marking options.
Type 73 Model:
- Length: 117mm, width: 54mm.
- Excellent detail is particularly showcased on interior depictions of seats, radio equipment, gear shift and more, as well as the canvas hood.
- Comes with four marking options including Fuji School Brigade Tank School Unit.
- Type 73 parts are a product of Fine Molds, Japan.