Japanese Type 5 Medium Tank
Unassembled plastic model kit
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $149.00You pay: $99.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 25108Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Type 5 Chi-Ri"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Type 5 Chi-Ri was one of the last tanks produced by the Japanese military during WWII. The "Chi" stands for the first syllable of the Japanese word for "medium tank" while "Ri" refers to a character used in the old-style Iroha Japanese syllabary.
The Chi-Ri was a large tank design fitted with a license-built BMW aircraft engine and armed with both 57mm and 75mm guns. Only a single example was completed by the end of the war, and this was taken for evaluation by American forces after WWII.
Specs & Features
- Both tank models are produced by Fine Molds.
- Item 25107 includes 4 WWII Japanese tank crew figures (also made by Fine Molds) to enable diorama creation straight from the box.
- Item 25108 includes precision-made metal gun barrels for both the 75mm and 57mm guns (also made by Fine Molds) to enhance the finish of the tank.
- Item 25107 has belt-type tracks while Item 25108 has detailed assembly-type tracks.
- Both items include the original Fine Molds instruction manuals (Japanese & English).