Japanese Type 3 Medium Tank
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (175)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
One of the last tanks to be produced by the Japanese military, during WWII, was the Type 3 Chi-Nu. This vehicle was developed in May of 1944 as an improved version of the Type 97 Chi-Ha line of medium tanks. The word "Chi" stands for the word "medium tank". Powered by a 240hp Type 100 V-12 diesel engine, and armed with a Type 3 75mm gun the Chi-Nu was built to match the infamous M4 Sherman. Two-hundred Chi-Nu tanks were built, and deployed to the 4th Armored Division and other brigades around Japan, but the tanks never saw combat again the Allie tanks.
Specs & Features
- Both tank models are produced by Fine Molds.
- Item 25107 includes 4 WWII Japanese tank crew figures (also made by Fine Molds) to enable diorama creation straight from the box.
- Item 25108 includes precision-made metal gun barrels for both the 75mm and 57mm guns (also made by Fine Molds) to enhance the finish of the tank.
- Item 25107 has belt-type tracks while Item 25108 has detailed assembly-type tracks.
- Both items include the original Fine Molds instruction manuals (Japanese & English).