Churchill Mk.IV Na 75
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (6)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $24.99You pay: $16.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 7507Scale: 1/72View all products of type "Churchill"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Authentic Churchill Mk.IV rendered w/full detail
- Well-defined hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Bolts and rivets delicately represented on hull bottom
- One piece slide-molded lower hull
- Slide-molded turret for Churchill Mk.IV
- 75mm gun barrel can be adjusted at two different angles
- Intricate tools molded modeled on vehicle
- Sharply detailed one-piece fenders and hull-top
- Inlet louvers molded w/detailed pattern
- Idler and sprockets wheels are authentic-looking and easy assembly
- One-piece bogies produced for easy assembly
- One-piece DS tracks
The Churchill infantry tank is a distinctive design with its extremely long chassis and wraparound tracks. Named after the British Minister of Defence, the Churchill tank was very well armored. The Mk.IV was the most numerous variant. As a field expedient, the Mk.IV was improved with an armament better than the original 6 pdr gun, and this was done by fitting the mantlet and 75mm gun (from Sherman tanks that could not be repaired) onto the Churchill's cast turret. The first NA 75 conversions were done in North Africa, where many Shermans had been disabled by mines. (Incidentally, the name 'NA 75' refers to 'North Africa' and the caliber of the gun.) The field conversion required cutting away the front of the original turret to fit the new mantlet. Approximately 200 NA 75 tanks were converted from March-June 1944, and they saw action in North Africa and Italy.
A while ago, Dragon Armor Pro issued a 1/72 scale kit of the Churchill Mk.IV, but like the original, that model has now been converted into an NA 75! Dragon's kit features many new components such as the appropriate Sherman mantlet and gun barrel. The Churchill Mk.IV NA 75 is beautifully detailed, and it assembles quickly and easily into an accurate model thanks to time-saving elements like one-piece DS tracks and single-piece bogies. For modelers wishing to build up their British tank brigades, this item is invaluable as it represents a special variant that was widely used in combat.