SAS Raider 4x4 Truck
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (4)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Authentic SAS 4x4 Truck newly produced
- Newly installed stowage boxes
- Delicate gun shields w/screens newly produced
- Delicate grab handles molded on either side
- Slide-molded upper and lower body tubs
- Well-detailed seats w/realistic cloth pattern
- Delicate dashboard & driver's compartment
- Cutaway slats on radiator grille
- Realistic Vickers K machine guns
- Delicate British Bren Gun w/magazines produced
- Fully detailed steering mechanism and transmission
- Slide-molded chassis
- Realistic spare wheel included
- Delicate wheels w/authentic tire tread pattern
- Petrol cans in rack are placed on rear
Not long ago, Dragon released a bedazzling 1/6 model of a 1/4-Ton 4x4 Truck as used by the Special Air Service (SAS) in the European Theater of Operations (ETO). Now, Dragon has shrunk the same vehicle down to 1/72 scale, but fortunately without sacrificing any details. The SAS, formed in July 1941 by David Stirling, was a commando force designed to operate deep behind enemy lines, something it did very successfully in North Africa, Italy and Northwest Europe. In fact, in Europe the small band of SAS members inflicted 7,733 German casualties, captured 4,784 prisoners, destroyed 700 vehicles and cut 164 railway lines.
The new 1/72 scale model kit shows a 1/4-Ton 4x4 Truck of the SAS modified for ETO missions. The vehicle is heavily loaded with extra fuel to allow reconnaissance missions deep behind enemy lines. The SAS vehicle is heavily armed with fast-firing Vickers K machine guns ready for use against ground or aerial targets. A Bren gun mounted near the driver's seat is also included. These weapons are all newly tooled with sophisticated levels of detail. This exciting kit is accurately made, and this SAS vehicles is ready to wreak havoc across enemy-occupied Europe!