Sd.Kfz.263 Funkspahwagen (8-Rad)
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $24.99You pay: $17.19(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 7444Scale: 1/72View all products of type "Sd.Kfz 263"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly produced Sd.Kfz.263 w/fine details
- Well-defined vision ports on hull
- Spade realistically molded
- Slide molded upper hull
- Slide-molded fenders w/on-vehicle tools
- Underside of hull made by slide mold
- Single MG34 mounted in superstructure
- Telescoping mast antenna realistically replicated
- Injection-molded tow cables reproduced
- Highly detailed rear hull
- Delicate grill on engine deck
- Preformed frame antenna made from injection-molded plastic
- Hatches on hull can be assembled open/closed
- Chassis possesses full detail
- Sharply reproduced cargo and jerry cans
- Detailed wheels w/authentic tire tread pattern
Dragon's scintillating 1/72 scale kit of the Sd.Kfz.232 (Item No.7429) was enthusiastically greeted by modelers. Now Dragon is expanding the family with a brand new kit of the Sd.Kfz.263 built to an identical scale. The Sd.Kfz.263 was part of Germany's successful 8-Rad ("eight-wheel") Schwerer Panzerspahwagen ("heavy armored reconnaissance vehicle") family. The 9.1-tonne Sd.Kfz.263 was designated a Funkspahwagen, a radio car, and as such it accommodated extra long-range radio equipment inside the fixed superstructure. It was used by reconnaissance units and had a top road speed of 85km/h. As well as a telescopic antenna, a large frame antenna was fitted above the superstructure to aid communications with headquarters and to help coordinate fighting units. Unlike the Sd.Kfz.232 on which it was based and that was armed with a 20mm cannon, this vehicle's only armament was a 7.92mm MG34 machine gun. It operated with a crew of five, including two dedicated radio operators. Only 240 Sd.Kfz.263 vehicles were produced, but one of its most famous users was Erwin Rommel.
Dragon has produced a brand new tooling for the upper hull of this 1/72 scale plastic kit. The complex item with multi-faceted plates is made as a single piece thanks to the employment of CAD drawings and high-tech slide-molding techniques. This ensures that modelers have an accurate and easy-to-assemble hull on which to base their miniature masterpiece. The Sd.Kfz.263 model also features a new one-piece frame antenna that is finely produced in scale. The unique shape of this 8x8 armored vehicle is beautifully captured, allowing modelers to operate Dragon's Sd.Kfz.263 and Sd.Kfz.232 in tandem at the forefront of an early-war advanced reconnaissance unit!