Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.L Late Production
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (8)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $21.99You pay: $14.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 7385Scale: 1/72View all products of type "Panzer III"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled photo-etched parts on hull top
- Delicate Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.L w/5 cm KwK 39 is newly produced
- Turret hatch can be assembled open/closed
- Delicate hull front w/realistic MG 34
- Intricate fenders w/detailed OVMs
- Road wheels and sprockets
- Final drive housing covers are separate parts for maximum detail
- Engine deck w/tow cable exquisitely produced
- Air deflector authentically represented with photo-etched mesh
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull with examplary detail
- Exhaust pipes with hollow ends
- Two types of cooling air intakes are provided with and without air-intake grills
- Slide-molded hydraulic shock absorbers are crisply molded
- One-piece DS tracks for ease of assembly
The Panzer III was a medium-class tank that at the outbreak of WWII was designed to be the primary platform of the all-conquering panzer divisions. However, with the advent of more heavily armored and up-gunned enemy tanks, the role of the Panzer III became secondary to that of the Panzer IV and production finally ceased in 1943. One of the later models to be produced was the Panzer III Ausf.L, which featured a longer and more powerful 5cm KwK 39 L/60 main gun. It also boasted thicker armor, with an additional 20mm-thick layer on the turret and hull front. A total of 653 Ausf.L tanks were produced in 1942 by German factories.
This new kit specifically offers modelers the chance to build a Late-Production variant of the Panzer III Ausf.L. It includes new toolings, like the long-barreled cannon. It also draws upon the technical and technological pedigree of the larger 1/35 Smart Kit, including full detail and convenient assembly. The upper hull is slide molded as a single piece, as is the accurate lower hull, both elements containing crisp detail. The turret is made from a multi-directional slide mold, and hatches can be shown open or closed depending on the builder's preference. Where appropriate, photo-etched pieces such as mesh for the deflector grill are also offered.