Sd.kfz.3a Maultier Ambulance
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (15)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Brand new Maultier Ambulance rendered w/fine detail
- Newly produced optional idler wheel
- Stretcher racks provided
- Stretchers can be fabricated in various configurations
- Stretcher produced w/crisp detail
- Realistic storage cabinet in interior
- Detailed seats included
- Toolbox included
- Two types of blinds provided
- Ventilator can be optionally assembled
- Spare wheel mounted on cab roof-rack
- Side doors and rear doors can be assembled open/closed
- Rear access steps can be assembled stowed up/positioned down
- Footstep for side door can be assembled up/down
- Fully detailed chassis
- Delicate engine represented
- Intricate fuel tank mounted on chassis
- Sprockets and idler wheels rendered w/accurate detail
- Realistic road wheels assembled from separate parts
- Realisitc engine hood formed from multiple parts w/louver detail
- Realistic engine hood covers can be assembled open/closed
- Detailed radiator cover w/filler cap
- Accurately shaped front fenders
- Slide-molded engine hood frame
- Two options for door handles can be assembled
- Detailed dashboard and cab interior
- Intricate driver's seat w/realistic cloth pattern
- Cab doors can be assembled open/closed
- Delicate wheels w/authentic tire tread pattern
- Includes clear lenses for headlamps and spotlights
- Finely detailed vehicle tools
- Highly detailed Magic Tracks reproduced
The 7.1-tonne Maultier, introduced from 1942 onwards, was largely successful although it wasn't quite as mobile as purpose-built halftracks. One interesting variant was a Maultier Ambulance that could be used for battlefield evacuation. Dragon is proud to be the first manufacturer to offer a plastic kit of this unique vehicle!
This stunning 1/35 scale kit, fully living up to the standards expected by current-generation modelers, is based on Dragon's existing Maultier. The rear ambulance body is completely new, including a delicate access ladder on the rear, as well as side doors and an associated footstep. The rear door opens to reveal a completely outfitted ambulance interior, one that has been carefully recreated with details as accurate as possible using wartime photos as a reference.
The interior thus includes an elaborate rack for up to nine stretchers, and this rack can be fabricated in a configuration that suits the modeler's requirements. Indeed, the detailed exterior and interior of the rear body offer unlimited potential to modelers. Previously, only experienced modelers could have attempted to scratch-build such an extensive ambulance conversion, but now Dragon has made this type available to all! For the modeler who wishes to depict a realistic Eastern Front winter scene, this Maultier Ambulance offers something different.