5cm PaK 38 L/60 auf Fgst.Pz.Kpfw.II (Sf)
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (11)
Customize your model: (16)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Second item from the German Exotic Beast! Dragon is releasing a finely detailed 1/35 scale kit of an ad hoc wartime vehicle that was fielded by Germany during WWII. It is labeled the 5cm PaK 38 auf Fgst Pz.Kpfw.II, which, as its name suggests, is a Panzer II chassis that mounts a 5cm L/60 anti-tank gun. In this regard it was somewhat similar to the Marder II, which was also a tank destroyer. The 5cm PaK38 auf Pz.Kpfw.II was an expedient solution. It is unclear how many vehicles were thus modified, but it variously employed Panzer II Ausf.A, B or C chassis.
This 1/35 scale kit has many great new parts to completely represent this tank conversion. For example, the upper hull is new. The appearance of the self-propelled tank destroyer is captured perfectly in miniature, including the new armor panels of the superstructure that are made true to scale. Also new is the gun mount for the 5cm weapon. Large ammunition bin and stowage bin are correctly installed on the engine deck. If a modeler wanted to create this unique and interesting German vehicle, they had to do so from scratch by combining assemblies from several different plastic kits. Now Dragon has done all the work for modelers, creating numerous original parts in the process, and a 5cm PaK38 auf Pz.Kpfw.II can be built accurately straight from the box!
- Accurate Jack details, with photoetched parts
- DS tracks
- Accurate hull details
- Newly-tooled ammunition boxes
- New ammo stowage bins and storage cases installed on rear engine deck
- Well detailed gun breech for 5cm PaK 38
- Full interior and transmission details within open-topped hull
- Newly-engineered one piece upper hull ensures accuracy
- Road wheels and return rollers beautifully rendered
- Detailed drive sprockets
- Three types of idler wheels
- Photo etched exhaust muffler
- New baffle plates on front of gun shield
- Driver's vision port can be assembled open or closed
- Floor tread plate pattern and panels accurately reproduced
- Full transmission included in front of hull
- Newly tooled fighting compartment armor plates offer true-to-scale thickness
- Crisply detailed engine deck
- Detailed suspension system